Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Exam Day Stories Part I

In life, there are some events one can't forget. Like for instance, once it happened that I had an exam one morning. It was 5:45 am in the morning when I woke up. I sluggishly got up from my bed, and went to get ready for the day, thinking that I still had one hour to revise(study) for the exam as the exam was to start at 8:30 am. I was in the toilet when the doorbell rang. My mother answered it. I heard Bhim and Sanchit greet my mother. I also heard that the bus would be leaving in next 10 min.
I was SHOCKED !! How can this be? What was I missing here?
And then it suddenly struck me. The timings of the examinations had changed(from 8:30 am to 7:45 am) and the announcement was made during the previous exam time. I hastened the process and left the toilet quickly. I changed into my uniform, quickly drank the glass of milk, grabbed my bag and left. It was still dark outside We walked towards the bus stand. I looked at the sky, colored in vivid shades of dark blue. I felt the coolness and freshness in the air. The street lights were still lighted. It looked like night time. I took out my notebook and started reading under the light of the lamp of the bus, as soon as I entered the bus.
Many of the students already seated in the bus asked, "What happened?", "Why so late?" etc. and the reason was explained.
I still wonder what would have happened, had Bhim and Sanchit not come to my house that morning...

At some other occasion, it happened so that I woke up late. It was my mistake, though. I had set my alarm for 5:30 am and kept the alarm clock beside me. Now, this has two disadvantages. The first one being that the person sleeping can easily shut the alarm when it starts ringing and sleep again. This one is still fine, because at least the alarm has done it's job. The second being that the person, in his sleep, because of some movement of his hands, might shut the alarm before it gets a chance to ring. This is worse than the previous case and this is what happened to me.
I slept, thinking that I'd wake up and revise (study) but I woke up at 7:00 am. I had to get ready quickly, and caught the bus at 7:30 am.

In this another story, no one woke up on time at my home. Generally my mother wakes up at 5:30 or 6 am every morning. But that day, she didn't. She woke up at 7:15 am. Bus leaves at 7:30 am. She quickly woke me up. I quickly got ready but I was late. My school at that time, Campion School was 14 kms away. The school started at 8:30 am and bus always took us at 7:30 am. from the bus stop. Luckily, one of my neighbors was my school mate, my senior and used to drive to school on his scooter. He used to leave at 8 am. My mother requested him to take me with him. He agreed. I didn't go to his house to request him because he had a big alsatian dog and alsatians are dangerous. We did reach on time, but he drove real fast and I constantly had the fear of brakes failing! :(

5 comments:

rorschach said...

you blog!!?!?!

Unknown said...

Typical Classified 'Abhishek sainani' post

Unknown said...

publish ur poems and stories also that would make ur blog world famous man........... tusi great ho abhishek

Unknown said...

looking forward to reading more poems from ur golden dairy aah i can still feel its presence here in my room makes me feel nostalgic.........

get it in wdkm class tomm pal


#End#

Harsimran Kapoor said...

absolutely amazing..n i am not just sayin it..its relatable, and written in such a simple manner that the heart warms up.
sweet!!!